Business coaching is a creative relationship between the coach and the client (or a team) that focuses on the alignment of the organization’s objectives and goals of individuals or team, improving performance or achieving goals. Business coach can work with individuals or teams to achieve objectives. The aim of business coaching is to achieve measurable results, which are defined at the beginning of a coaching project.
At Purpose Africa, we offer;
1. Individual coaching
Through their own insights and observations of the coach, individuals become more aware of their own strengths and develop strategies and plans for achieving the objective. The role of a coach is to be neutral and objective strategic partner on “project to achieve the agreed objective”. Coaching is the most appropriate development tool in the following business situations:
- Alignment of client’s individual development with organizational changes
- Support in developing corporate leaders
- Support in achieving specific business or development objectives, support of teams and individuals
- Support in development of organizations and teams.
The trust is a core value of quality coaching relationship. All coaching conversations remain between the individual and the coach to build a true partnership. Coaches are required to keep the content of each session for themself. This level of confidentiality between the coach and the client make them achieve a strong relationship and alliance that serves to support the client in the way of his goals. The client is free to share parts of the session with a manager, team, family or other people.
2. Team coaching
Team coaching is a process of supporting the team in achieving its objectives. It allows team members to achieve the best performance with the assistance of a coach. The essence of team coaching is to enable personal development and learning of individuals within the team. As well as individual coaching, team coaching involves some kind of assessment. Team coaching focuses on the development of individuals who are already working together or are going to work together for a long time. Application areas of team coaching are:
- Work on the creation of team goals, achieving them and setting new goals
- Work on personal and professional development of team members
- Overcoming conflicts within the team and building team spirit
- Ability to change the attitude and perspective
- Increasing emotional intelligence of the team
- Achieve measurable results (such as setting individual and team goals, increase productivity, improve internal and external communication, improving self-esteem, etc).